Friday, September 2, 2011

Handwriting

I stepped in, as usual and looked into my watch. The time was 6:05 a.m. Perfect! :) Time to begin today's job. I observed as the many curious eyes peered at me,as usual. Motioning them to sit down after the "Good morning!" chorus, I turned around, to erase the board. Began at the top left corner, as usual. Everything went as usual that day, except for one thing. My thoughts drifted unconsciously as I found myself staring at a handwriting, which I hadn't seen in quite a while. I was looking at the abbreviation 'PMI' which stood for 'Process of Mathematical Induction'. Memories of homeworks, Probability, Integral Calculus everything seemed to rush into my head then. He'd call me "Ramasamy".. That was the name of the guy in the attendance roll just before me(and he was always absent), and a simple error on a fine day, rechristened me. :-P His way of teaching was enjoyable and checking your watch wasn't something that you'd be doing there. I still remember the problem in which P(A) n P(B) represented the probability of the wife and husband getting a particular job and, the probability of the wife not getting the job was P'(A)[read 'P bar of A'] and the husband's being P'(B), he said "Vela kedakkalana? Vera enna? Bar'ukku poga vendiyadhu thaan(sogathula)!" implying the usage of the complement. I was in 11th and he took maths for me. He was "Prabhu sir". I found that I'd erased the board and was brought back to reality. Funny, how much your thoughts can drift while erasing a board :-) I had two more of the best teachers - Arul sir n Thyagu sir. But Prabhu sir is special, cuz he was the first teacher that I looked upto n thought "Pha! Sir na ivuru thaan!" I may meet many great professors in the future but you'll always be special cuz you were the first.

Dedicated to Prabhu sir - my 11th std Arul Institute Maths professor.

\*unleash your thoughts*/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel ! Just like I have :)